The 6 motor coaxial configuration has a number of advantages over other multi-rotor configurations.
- Co-located motors preserve thrust symmetry in a single motor out scenario. The Y6 keeps flying if an ESC or motor fails mid-air.
- There are only three arms on the Y6. This translates into being able to carry a greater payload, having to maintain fewer components, as well as providing superior performance in higher wind conditions.
- The wide front arm offset is perfect for keeping a clear forward view when a camera is attached to the Y6.
- The front arms on the Y6 are capable of folding towards the back arm which offers an incredibly compact package for traveling and storage.
- Motor to motor distance in flight position: 500mm
- Payload clearance under body: 135mm
- Weight without battery: 1200g
- Maximum recommended weight: 2500g
Assembly Instructions PDF
This kit contains the following parts:
-Hardware necessary to put everything together (screws, spacers, etc)
-Fiber parts : Bottom Plate Top Plate APM & GPS Plate Quad-D & Hexa-C Accessories Plate C-Type Landing Gear Co-Axial Motor Mounting Plates
-2x 3DR ArduCopter Replacement Arm Blue
-1x 3DR ArduCopter Replacement Arm Black
- APM 2.6+ board, side entry with cables (Micro usb and telemetry) (this APM requires the separate compass module located on the new GPS)
- Power Module xt60 connector
- Choice of 6x 850 Kv or 880 Kv motors
-1x 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass, with cables
-Choice of 6x ESC 20 Amp or 30 Amp