This is the LATEST APM version available from 3DRobotics, no clones or cheap stuff!
APM 2.6 Kit NO GPS INCLUDED
This new presentation of the ArduPilotMega 2.6 system features all the same goodies as the predecessor, same CPU, same memory, same case, power module... but it comes without magnetometer on the main board (compass)
This sensor is moved to the GPS to allow less interference and more precision.
The ArduPilot Mega 2.6 is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. This version is ready to use, with no assembly required. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints.
- Arduino Compatible!
- Comes pre-soldered (with SIDE pins) and tested.
- Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer along with a high-performance barometer
- Onboard 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
- One of the first open source autopilot systems to use Invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmel's ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.
- Kit includes the APM, Telemetry cable, Micro USB cable, DF13 6 Position connector for the Power Module, the XT60 Power module itself and case!
Please note that this version of APM is not compatible with GPS units without onboard magnetometers. (or at least you need a separate external compass)
Firmware quick information:
Please watch Randy's videos on setting up and flying APM-Copter 3.0 before you go flying. They are excellent!