ArduCopter Hexa 3DR - Full Electronics
Frame Revision A (last one found doing inventory! )
This product is discontinued, it is replaced by the Y6 located here
parts will still be sold as long as supplier provides them.
This Hexacopter kit is based off the 3DR ArduCopter Quad. With two extra motors the lifting capacity is increased to over 1kg. The PDB still mounts neatly between the base plates but access to it is made easier by thumb nuts that easily unscrew to remove the stackup. This also lets you attach and remove APM with screws more easily. This kit is designed and manufactured at the 3D Robotics headquarters in San Diego, California.
Changes to Revision-B
*Arms now come in blue and black.
*Motor mounting is no longer done with a bolt through the entire arm but now the motor just mounts to a single face of the arm. This is to prevent the arm from sinking in.
*Kit now includes spare arm.
*Main frame plates are now larger to accommodate the shorter arms.
*Arms no longer need to be drilled out when using 880kv (heavy lift) motors.
Power Distribution Board assembly instructions in PDF format are here
Frame assembly instructions are available here.
You can find more information about development status and more:
- DIY Drones main site
- ArduCopter forums
- ArduCopter development wiki
- ArduCopter issue tracker
- ArduCopter software downloads
ArduCopter Hexa 3DR KIT, Electronics Contains the following:
- 2 Fiberglass Main frame boards
- 7 Aluminum arms, 5 Black arms and 2 blue arms
- 2 Fiberglass Carrier boards
- Fiberglass Landing gear
- Power distribution board, power cables and signal cables for PDB-APM
- All hardware needed to assemble the components above
- 6 Motors ( you select standard 850kv or heavy lift 880kv)
- 6 ESC (you select standard 20A or extra head room 30A)
- 6 10x45 Propellers Composite
- ArduPilot Mega 2.6 assembled (with uBlox GPS / external compass)
The kit does NOT include: (you will need it to fly)Radio Cable not included (pick one from our selection most common is the 7 channel here) Radio TX/RXBattery and charger