DJI 2.4G Bluetooth Data Link is a component for the DJI iPad Ground Station. It features two transceivers to facilitate wireless communication between aircraft and iPad with a range of up to 1148 feet line-of-sight. One transceiver is installed in or on the aircraft and integrates with the flight control system via the CAM bus, the other remains at the ground-end to pick the Bluetooth signal from the iPad.
Please note that this kit is a bit heavy for a Phantom to carry but it can be done. (not designed to work on Phantom 2 Vision+)
The 2.4G Bluetooth Data Link provides the wireless link required for data and control transmission by the DJI iPad Ground Station system. The Ground Station is a portable beyond visual range (BVR) solution for multi-rotor RC aircraft using A2, WKM, Naza-M, or NAZA-M V2 flight controllers. Via the Ground Station iOS app you are able to practice in a flight simulator, map an autopilot course using "waypoint" navigation, fly the aircraft manually using virtual joysticks, monitor flight attitude in real-time, and more.
Relays Bluetooth signal from iPad to aircraft and features a range of up to 1148' line-of-sight
- Use in conjunction with Ground Station app for iOS to create a portable control platform for beyond visual range (BVR) flying
- Supported flight control systems include: A2, WKM, Naza-M and NAZA-M V2
Ground Station iOS App Capabilities
- Customization touchscreen interface designed to recreate feel of traditional dual joystick RC radio controllers
- Map out flight plan for autopilot system using "waypoint" navigation and update in real-time
- Edit home point and trigger Go Home function
- Supports one key takeoff and landing
- Flight simulator to practice before you fly
- Telemetry provides real-time flight attitude feedback
Included in the box:
Q: Will Ground Station work on Android?
A: Ground Station is available only for the iPad at present, but if you don't have an iPad you can use PC Ground Station. While there are currently no plans to implement an Android version, we will continue to monitor the situation.
Q: What equipment do I need?
A: You'll need a Phantom 2, remote control and 2.4GHz Bluetooth Datalink - all upgraded to the latest firmware, and the Ground Station iPad app.
Q: Will Ground Station work with Lightbridge?
A: As Ground Station and Lightbridge communicate using the same frequency, we do not recommend using them simultaneously.
Q: Which versions of iPad can I use?
A: All iPads running iOS6 or higher, with Bluetooth 4. This includes: iPad 3, 4, Air and mini
Q: How do I update my firmware?
A: You can update your Phantom and your controller using Phantom Assistant and RC Assistant, which is available for Mac and PC. The BTU must be upgraded through Assistant on PC
Q: Will I be able to use my iOSD with Ground Station?
A: No. Ground Station is unable to show iOSD data.