The Phantom Prop Guard is designed to protect your propellers from collision, especially for beginners or indoor flight. It will surely bring you more fun, no matter if you are a newcomer or an experienced pilot.
This is for a set of 4 Guards, hardware for mounting and a reel of string. Please note that this product is from Maytech and not DJI. Still same plastic used and same overall protection.
Again these are longer than the Phantom 1 guards to protect the 9 inches props on the Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 Vision. (they will work for Phantom 1 too and will also allow you to use 9 inches props on the Phantom 1)
These also work on the new Phantom 3.
Please carry out the following procedures to attach the Prop Guard to the aircraft.
1. Prepare the aircraft, Prop Guard (4 pcs), M3.0x12 Screws (8 pcs), a thread and an allen driver.
2. Use the screw driver to remover the screws on the four motors (M3.0x8) of PHANTOM marked in blue in Fig.1.
3. Fix the Screws of M3.0x12 with appropriate strength（Fig.1）to mount the four Prop Guards on the PHANTOM . Note that thread lock is not allowed. (These M3.0x12 screws ARE NOT to be used when you remove the guards, please keep your original screws for this reason. Using these 12 mm long screws without the prop guard will damage your motor winding and it will be impossible to repair.)
4. For better protection, please attach a thread through the Prop Guard, note that the thread should be under the Prop Guards（Fig.2）. Finish.
Fig.1 Prop Guard Installation Diagram
Fig.2 Installation is OK
- Weight(Single): 18.7g
- Size(Single): Angle(155.0°) Radius(112.32mm)
- Whole Size with Four Prop Guards: 575.5mm
Please click here for the installation guidance.